Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Post # 4

Reading chapter 2, I learned much about the internet, and search engines. It taught me a lot about the internet and how the internet came about. I've always wanted to know that like common knowledge. The internet has its own language called netiquette. We all speak netiquette! lol!

Since my last posting, I've learned much about how to search for things using search engines. I learned how to use words to get the most efficient search results. My favorite search engine is google because it is very simple yet its search results are very detailed. I learned about Google Scholar and I am so happy about that because that's something that I find will be useful for the rest of my life. I wish I knew about it sooner instead of Wikipedia!

For my future plans haven't changed, I still think that being a guidance counselor is so overlooked. Most people don't realize the importance that these people have in our kids' lives. A guidance counselor is the difference between a child challenging him/her self in honors classes versus slacking in regular. Guidance counselor should have a lot more resources than that which are available to them. If I end up with a PhD in education , which isn't in my plans, but who knows where we end up in the end, I'd write several great websites and book about how to be an effective guidance counselor instead of someone the students see about twice a year.

No comments: